Sometimes it’s nice to have something of your very own which is why I made individual Pumpkin Pies instead of one big one.
Making them this way means that you can serve them on pretty plates individually and each person feels a little more special.
What it also means is that you can decorate them slightly differently to how you would a big pie. In this instance I decorated them with Nutella and chopped hazelnuts which was absolutely delicious. Pumpkin is tasteless and of course this means we get to go to town with flavourings inside the pie but it also means we can go bonkers with flavourings on top of the pie too!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 6 Loose Bottomed 10cm Pie Tins
- Pie Weights / Baking Beans
- Parchment Paper
- Piping bag and small nozzle
For the Pie Filling
- 425 g Solid Pumpkin (I used a tin of Libby's)
- 2 medium Eggs (beaten lightly)
- 170 g Caster Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 250 ml Condensed Milk
For The Pie & Topping
- 500 g Shortcrust Pastry
- 50 g Hazelnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160c/gas mark 3
- Place all of the filling ingredients in to a large bowl and mix together
- Roll out the pastry to a thickness of approximately 5-6mm and line the tins with it.
- Place parchment paper on to the pastry lining the tins and weigh down evenly with the baking beans / pie weights.
- Blind bake the pastry in the oven for 10-15 mins depending on how hot your oven is. Blind baking stops the bottom of the pie going soggy.
- Remove the pie weights and parchment paper from the pie crust and fill the pies evenly with the filling from the bowl.
- Put back in to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 mins or until a skewer comes out of the centre of the pie clean.
- Allow to cool and then pipe around the edges of each pie with the Nutella and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
Just so good when served as part of a gathering on the weekend or just as a catch up over coffee. Not entirely sure if I’d serve at a dinner party or not as they seem a bit casual somehow and much more suited to during the day or around the bonfire.
Whenever you have them enjoy! Huge love, Cx