Autumn is here!
Yes, there’s still some possibility that it will be warm-ish until October but the light is different, it’s darker in the evenings, and it’s colder in the mornings
I remember very clearly when I first made this salad and took the pictures for it for this blog. There was no one coming over, no event going on, it was simply lunch under a tree. The tablecloth seen is a piece of fabric hauled from the remnants bin in a local fabric shop, thread hanging from the edges and the chair was dragged from the hallway as it was dry enough to be used in the garden. This would not have been the case this morning on the first day back to school for my twins as the rain was torrential and all memories of summer seemed to disappear with the downpour.
Yes, these pictures are from a long time ago but I still make this salad for lunch around this time of year. It’s very quick to make, uses seasonal ingredients, is pretty healthy and tastes great .
Simple, easy, delicious…especially when you’re sat in the garden under a tree!
Lots of love, Cherry
Fig, Pear & Walnut Salad
- 1 portion Rocket Leaves (you can have as much or as little as you'd like)
- Small Block Blue Cheese of your choice (I used Stilton) (crumbled)
- 2 whole Figs (quartered)
- ½ Ripe Pear (peeled, cored and sliced finely)
- 6 whole Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Wash and dry the rocket leaves if they are not already washed. Place on to serving plate.
- Crumble the blue cheese over the leaves
- Squeeze the fruit gently out of the fig quarters and place around the plate
- Add the peeled and sliced pear to the top of the salad
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts all over the salad
- Finish with a very small drizzle of Olive Oil