As you can see I have a glut of Apples and I'm cooking and baking with them constantly right now. These Apple Crisp Breakfast Muffins are sweet but a lot of the sweetness comes from the fruit and not sugar. Having said that the crispy topping is not so healthy but I imagine that these muffins will be eaten on the weekend when everyone deserves a treat.
Breakfast on the weekend can be an occasion. If you have guests staying or you just want to treat the people you live with, waking up to a planned breakfast on a Saturday morning can be a lovely thing.
These particular muffins are all about the smell they create while they are baking. Seriously, when I made these the smell went right up the stairs and filled the house.
Have a brilliant day and if you make these then do let me know how they turn out on here in the comments or on my social.
Huge love, Cx
Apple Crisp Breakfast Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
For The Muffins
- 2 large Cooking Apples
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger ((Heaped))
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon ((Heaped) )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg ((Beaten))
- 100 g Butter ((Unsalted, Cut In To Cubes))
- 200 ml Milk ((Semi-Skimmed))
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour ((Heaped))
- 1 tbsp Jumbo Oats ((Heaped) )
- 1 tbsp Soft Dark Brown Sugar ((Heaped))
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 50 g Pecans ((Chopped))
To Make The Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Peel and cut both of the apples in to small pieces. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger together.
- Mix in the butter to create a crumble
- Add the beaten egg and mix in together
- Add the milk and mix in together
- Fold the chopped apple in gently so as not to crush the apple pieces
- Grease a large muffin tin/mold and spoon the mixture in to the tin dividing equally
To Make The Topping
- Crumble together the flour, oats, sugar, butter and cinnamon and then mix in the chopped pecans
- Sprinkle the topping over the top of each filled muffin case
- Bake in the oven for approx thirty mins or until a knife comes out clean
- Wait ten mins before removing the muffins from the tin